It’s one thing to get the family together for a family vacation, but it’s a whole other chore to get everyone on the same page about where to go and what to see once you get to your destination. Luckily, if you’re vacationing in Alaska, there’s a host of sights and activities waiting for you, no matter the time of year.
So, you’ve planned travel accommodations to and from Alaska, but what about a vacation itinerary? Tour companies in Skagway, AK are more than happy to give you advice in this department! Here’s how to select the best Alaska tours for you and your family:
- Find a tour company early: As soon as you set the dates for your trip, start looking up companies in Alaska that offer guided tours and adventures. Find tours that would be of interest to the whole family, and if you are bringing small children, look for tours that are kid-friendly.
- Consider the ages in your group: Let’s say you have a long list of possible tours. Now, unless an adult in the family is willing to sit out with those who cannot participate, it’s time to narrow down your options based on family members’ ages. For example, a one-year-old cannot go on a zip line tour, but they would probably get a kick out of whale watching.
- Consider everyone’s physical abilities: Older folks and individuals with physical disabilities may have difficulty with long hikes and other physically exhausting activities. Either plan short trail hikes or stick to adventures that require less energy, like bus and boat tours, wildlife viewing or gold panning.
- Ask everyone what they want to do: Ask grandparents, parents, children and other family members going on the trip what kinds of tours they’d like to go on while in Alaska. This way, not only will mixing your family’s likes ensure a unique kind of fun, but you’ll also be able to make tour reservations ahead of time.
- Pick tours the whole family will enjoy: Along the same lines as asking everyone what they want to do, you also want to pick tours that the whole family will enjoy together. Animals are always a hit—think horseback riding tours, wildlife and whale watching, and even wheeled dog sledding through a national park during the summer months.
- Make sure it fits into your vacation schedule: When planning your trip to Alaska, be sure not to book more guided tours than you can realistically fit into your schedule. Choose a couple tours you definitely want to go on, and keep a few on standby.
Being able to take a family vacation can seem impossible these days, so when the opportunity to take a family trip to Alaska presents itself, take full advantage! All sorts of fun and exciting adventures are waiting for you.
Of all the tour companies in Skagway, AK, Klondike Tours, Inc. is the only one offering guided Alaskan tours all year round. Contact us today to find out which tours will be available to you and your family during your trip!