There are so many different tours to take when you come to visit Alaska that it can be hard to choose which ones to take—and we should know, as we offer a tour for every personal taste! From zip lining to horseback riding or just wildlife viewing, there’s a tour for everyone. However, we’ve noticed that people really seem to love our ocean tours. Here are a few reasons why our ocean tours in Skagway, AK get such great reviews:
- Ocean tours are great for wildlife viewing: We don’t guarantee that you’ll see whales during your ocean tour. However, we can tell you that there are several species that migrate through Alaskan waters throughout the year. Gray whales, beluga whales, humpback whales and orcas are all fairly common sights during the spring and summer
- Ocean tours are great for glacier viewing: The Alaskan glaciers are truly something to behold. You may have seen pictures of our glaciers in magazines or on the Internet, but pictures really don’t do the majestic glaciers justice. You’ll be amazed by the stunning blue and white ice behemoths. Unfortunately, the Alaskan glaciers that have been around for millennia are slowly melting, so hurry and book your tour today before they melt away even further.
- Ocean tours offer great views in general: We think the Pacific Northwest is one of the most beautiful parts of the country. Your breath will be taken away as we set sail and the lush evergreens and enormous mountains on the Alaskan coast slowly fade from view and give way to the beautiful blue hue of the Pacific Ocean. The clear blue Alaskan sky is sure to impress you and others in your group, as well.
- Ocean tours are relaxing: Even though vacations are supposed to be stress-free, rushing around trying to see everything on your trip can get hectic. Luckily, it’s a scientific fact that, for some reason, being on or near a body of water relaxes us mentality and physically. The water seems to put our minds at ease and makes our muscles less tense. The gentle rocking of the boat and lapsing of waves must do something to soothe us deep down. We implore you to take a few hours off from rushing around to spend time out on the wonderful Pacific Ocean.
- Ocean tours are offered year-round: Alaska is unique in that there’s something different to do during each season. One thing is constant, though: you can take ocean tours in Skagway, AK at any time of the year! The inside of our ocean-going boats are kept warm and toasty during the cooler months, and the wind and ocean spray hitting your face out on the deck will feel amazing in the spring and summer.
If you haven’t been persuaded of all the benefits of our ocean tours in Skagway, AK, we still encourage you to give Klondike Tours, Inc. a call. We offer a number of dry land tours, too!